It’s a great time to buy a home in Baton Rouge, LA! The city is growing, and there are great places to eat and have fun. Although this is a very exciting time, however, you should consider all of the important details. Before you make your final decision and purchase your new home, have you had the required home inspection?
Did you know that the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development requires you to sign a notice that advises you to have a home inspection and home appraisal? Your signature indicates that you are fully aware of these requirements before you receive funding through an FHA mortgage.
A home inspection is important, because it provides a thorough and complete review of everything inside and outside of your home. This is the best way to protect your investment—likely the largest investment you will make in your lifetime. Here are a few of the things we examine during a typical home inspection:
• Site—trees, drainage, incidental concrete, vegetation
• Foundation—foundation, framing, slabs, masonry
• Roofing—gutters, shingles, ventilation, flashing
• Exterior—windows, siding, columns, trim, doors, fascia, soffits
• Structure and Attic—insulation, rafters, bracing, joists, ridge
• Heating and Air Conditioning—ducts, fans, pressures, levels
• Garage or Carport—flooring, door openers, walls, storeroom
• Electrical System—grounding, fixtures
• Plumbing System—heaters, piping, fixtures, drains
• Interior—ceiling, flooring, doors, windows, appliances
General Inspection is the place that gives you the most complete residential property inspections. We are licensed, bonded, and insured—plus, we make it our mission to guarantee your satisfaction. Discover General Inspection today—we will happily set up an appointment that is convenient for you.